Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Heading to Mattapan

Continuing to work on the Mattapan Ashmont trolley line. I have installed scenery as far as Central Ave, including some placeholder buildings for Baker Chocolate so I could put in the NH Milton branch spur. I decided I would extend this spur east to connect to the Old Colony so that a freight activity could be run. I intend to make a field trip and get photos of the actual buildings sometime, when the weather is better.

I had made some line poles which I placed using the auto gantry placement and that went well, they look good. It has the cross spans but I still need to add the contact wire itself. Also Mattapan yard needs some custom poles.

I am having some problems building the Milton station, the stairway isn't coming out very well so I still have to go back and finish that. Also only a few roads are in place using dumb roads.

Once that is done the area from Central to Mattapan is mostly trees and a few houses so it shouldn't take long to get to Mattapan, maybe by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment