Monday, March 30, 2009

Been a while ..

... since I posted last. Since then I have more or less wrapped up the Mattapan Ashmont line and am now back to the Ashmont - Harvard portion. The first step was redoing the tunnel from Ashmont to the Fields Corner portal using some new sections that I made in Sketchup. Aligning them especially on the sloping sections was a pain but it is now done.

First up is to finish Ashmont and scenic the area around the station. Last night I cut holes in the terrain to deal with the tunnel. I had originally planned not to do this and just hide the tunnel in the area with scenery but that was not working out. I also worked on the Shawmut station and started designing Fields Corner.

Once I get past FC and get some scenery down in the area, I plan to do Columbia Jct. and the south shore extension as far as the Neponset river, so that I can then do stations and scenery between FC and the tunnel entrance near Andrew. At that time I will also connect the Milton branch in to the Old Colony and scenic that as well - looks like I need a building for the Keystone Camera factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment