Sunday, March 14, 2010

A year later

I have been working on this project off and on (mostly off) for the year since I last posted. Normal life keeps getting in the way. Plus you get burned out easily as much of it can be tedious.

Last spring I did the trackage for the South Shore branch as far as Quincy. Since my era is now 1970's that is as far as I plan to go at this time. I also added the Milton branch and some industries. Adding the South Shore branch required Columbia Junction which was a lot of work. I have added the Old Colony commuter line in its current form (single track to Victory Rd. then double track) even though technically it is incorrect for the 1970's.

After a hiatus over the summer I did some more work last fall to redo the whole Cambridge tunnel, Harvard Square and the yard facility. Basically I had made the tunnel much too deep which made the outdoor Bennett/Eliot yard in a canyon where it should be only 6 - 12' from the surface. In the process I also replaced the stock RR style tunnel sections with my own custom tunnels which are closer to a subway line profile.

I also started scenicking the Bennett / Eliot yard area including retaining walls and the Stadium station. This plus the section from Andrew to the portal after Fields Corner are the only sceniced areas in the sim so far. There is so much to do, not sure when I will get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment