Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ashmont

At this point the Charles River crossing and Charles station area is well along, although without any scenery, so I decided to move to getting ready to finish all the trackwork. This means putting in the trolley to Mattapan, so I decided to do the Ashmont terminal next, as its design dictates that end of the trolley line.

So I have been hacking away in Sketchup and I am fairly happy with how it is coming. The tricky part is figuring out the ramps for the trolley down into the station and up to the loop over the subway tunnel. I will probably build them as part of the station complex rather than trying to do as separate road sections.

One correction to my previous post, the El sections should be credited to Ron Picardi not Fred Barbieri, the latter is the builder of the "F1 Transit" NYC subway routes which were part of the inspiration for me building this route.

No comments:

Post a Comment