Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Been a while since I posted. I have made some progress on the project in spite of ice storms (complete with 4 day power blackout) , holidays, etc. The center span of the Longfellow bridge is progressing. My idea of using a texture for the bridge girders worked, so now I am working on the "salt and pepper" towers, a little tricky but I think I can make something that is good enough.

A few other distractions - needing a change of pace I downloaded the excellent Lehigh and Hudson River route V3 and am currently downloading stock for some activities. The L&HR interchanged at one end with my favorite RR the New Haven at Maybrook NY and at the other end with the PRR at Belvidere NJ, not far from the Lehigh Valley where I spent my undergraduate years and got into railfanning the LV, CNJ, and RDG railroads that still operated there in those pre-Conrail years.

Back to the project - I hope to finish the bridge center span this weekend and start on the other spans, then I'll probably move to adding the elevated section around Charles St. I should then try to finish the trackwork so I can move on to roads and interactive objects. I still have to do the Mattapan trolley plus I need to fix Broadway station as I made the jog for the center platform too wide and need to realign the tracks there.

No comments:

Post a Comment